U.S. House of Representatives Odds for Midterm Elections 2022 – Who Will Take Control of the Lower Chamber?

<p>AP Photos</p>

AP Photos

President Joe Biden’s first two years serving as president of the United States have been aided by holding a majority in the U.S. House of Representatives. The Nov. 8 midterm elections will see all 435 seats up for re-election across the country as both parties watch anxiously to see how the power balance of the lower chamber will shift.

Current Makeup

The House of Representatives is at a crucial junction in who has the controlling power of half of the legislating body of Congress. Currently, the House is made up of 212 Republicans and 220 Democrats, with 3 seats sitting vacant.

The Democratic Party looks to increase its numbers from the 220 it currently has while the Republican Party looks to do the same from its 212 sitting members. Each party has its own mountains to climb to achieve its goals.

Odds & Outlook to Take Control of the House

While there are 435 seats up for election, only about 60 are truly in doubt about the outcome. This can fluctuate up or down depending on current events leading up to the midterm elections and polls aren’t always accurate.

Most notably in 2016 when then-President Donald Trump defied the polls to win the 2016 election. However, right now polling shows that the Republican Party has a 73% chance of taking control of the lower chamber of Congress.

While not available to U.S.-based sports bettors, Betfair is one of the largest sites actively taking and pricing U.S. politics bets! At the time of writing, Betfair was pricing their lines at the same odds the polls have been showing:

Democratic Party Odds to Win the HouseRepublican Party Odds to Win the House
+750-2500

Looking at the actual percent chance for each bet to win using the OddsJam No Vig Fair Odds calculator we can see that the Democratic Party has about an 11% chance of winning the house and the Republican Party has about an 89% chance of winning the house.

Not only is Betfair agreeing with the polls that the Republican Party holds an advantage to take control, but they are giving them a better chance of taking control.

U.S. House of Representatives Odds for Midterm Elections 2022

The midterm elections take place on Nov. 8, 2022, nationwide in the United States.

Related Posts

news-image

Really long fake post Title

Category

news-image

Really long fake post Title

Category

news-image

Really long fake post Title

Category